1. Choose the correct answer for each from the given options:
(ii) 1 microgram =
(ii) If the speed of a body moving in a circle is doubled, its centripetal acceleration becomes:
(iii) Which is the best approximation of the weight of an object of mass 800 gram?
(iv) Specific heat of ice is:
(v)The work will be negative if the angle between force and displacement is:
(vi) If q = 6 cm and p = 3 cm then the magnification of the mirror is:
(vii) If P-type substance the charge carrier are:
(viii) To measures current in a circuit, an ammeter is always connected: ·
(ix) It is a scalar quantity:
(x) X-Rays wave length ranges from:
(xi) Nucleus of this atom is called a – particle:
(xii) A cone standing on its base is an example of this type of Equilibrium:
(xiii) Orbital velocity of a satellite near the surface of the earth is:
(xiv) Which one has maximum elastic limit?
(xv) The minimum distance between sound and barrier for distinct echo is:
(xvi) Which one has a maximum index of refraction?
(xvii) It is a device which converts electrical energy into mechanical:
NOTE: Answer 14 questions from this section.
2. Write down three difference between heat & temperature
click to see the answer of question no (2)
3. A ball is dropped from a tower, it reaches the ground in 10 seconds. Calculate the height of the tower. (Take g = 10 m/s2)
4. Compute the gravitational force of attraction between two boys of masses 50 kg and 40 kg respectively apart from each other by 2 m. (G = 6.67 x 10^-11 N.m^2/kg^2)
5. Define Irregular reflection of light and also write two points of its importance.
click to see the answer of question no (5)
6. With the help of rectangular components of a vector derive the equation for the resultant vector F= (Fx^2 + Fy^2)^1/2
7. The focal length of a concave mirror is 10 cm where. should an object be placed so as to get its real image magnified 4 times.
8. State the following laws: (i) Hooke’s Law (ii) Snell’s Law (iii) Boyle’s Law
9. Define power and derive the equation P = FV.
10. Describe quantum theory of light and explain dual nature of light.
click to see the answer of question no (10)
11. Write two uses of radioisotopes in medicine and one use in industry.
click to see the answer of question no (11)
12. Calculate the current of electric heater. If 1800 conlomb charge passes through it in 3 minutes.
13. With what constant velocity can a 1960 watt motoMaise a mass of 100 kg?
14. Define (i) Interference (ii) Stationary waves (iii) Beats
click to see the answer of question no (14)
15. State principle of lever and derive formula for mechanical advantage of lever.
16. Write down three precautions to minimize the radiation hazards.
click to see the answer of question no (16)
17. A half-life of 53 I 131 is 8 days. Find the amount of iodine left after 16 days from a sample of 100gm
18. Find the time period of a simple pendulum whose length h, 288 cm
19. Define anomalus expansion of water and give its two effects.
click to see the answer of question no (19)
20. Define equilibrium and state two condition of equilibrium.
click to see the answer of question no (20)
21. Calculate the volume occupies by 2 moles of a gas at 27°C & pressure of 1 atm=1.01 x 10^5 N/m^2(R=8.314 J/mol-k)
22. Define orbital velocity and derive the formula V = (GMe/r)^1/2
Note: Answer any Two questions from this Section.
23.(a) Derive the equation: B= 3a
(b) State Newton’s law of gravitation and derive the formula for the mass of earth with its help
(c) Define the following: (i) Power of lens (ii) Nuclear Reactor (iii) Half life of an element (iv) Dispersion of light
24 (a) Derive the equation 2as = vf^2 – vi^2
(b) Define Pascal’s law and explain any one of its application by diagram.
click to see the answer of question no (24 b)
(c) Write two differences between the following:
(i) Longitudinal waves and transversal waves
click to see the answer of question no (24 c (i) )
(ii) Fission Reaction and Fusion Reaction
click to see the answer of question no (24 c (ii))
25.(a) Derive Ray diagram of Compound Microscope and describe it working.
click to see the answer of question no (25 a)
(b) Write four similarities of static Electricity & magnetism.
click to see the answer of question no (25 b)
(c) Write down two advantages and two disadvantages of Friction.
click to see the answer of question no (25 c)