1. Choose· the correct answer for each of the given options:
(i) A title, The Father of Computer is given to:
(ii) The bar displayed at the bottom of the desktop is known as;
(iii) The Screen output which is intangible and temporary refers to:
(iv) The hard disk is a —storage device.
v) The speed of CD ROM is measured in X and 1 X is equal to —–KBs per second.
(vi) The number which has no decimal point is:
(vii) When two or more sum terms are multiplied, the resulting expression is a:
(viii) The commutative law of multiplication is written as:
(ix) The program directly related to the computer hardware, controlling and utilizing them is known as:
(x) An operating system is a:
(xi) The command that creates a new director is:
(xii) A small colourful graphical picture representing a file, folder or program is called:
(xiii) The program stored in ROM is also called;
(xiv)The Boolean expression ABC is a;
(xv)LCD stands for.
NOTE: Attempt 9 questions from this Section.
2. Define computer.
3. Differentiate between Analogue and Digital Computer.
4. Define Keyboard and write down the names of its parts.
5. Describe functions of Primary Memory.
6. Define Ports and describe its types.
7. Why do you need Language Translator?
8. Define Virus and write different names of Viruses.
9. Convert the following:
(a) (8010)10 = (———-)2
(b) (111001 )2 = 2s Complement
(c) (11110101)2 = (———–)10
(d) (5671)8 = (———–)10
10.Prove the following rule of Boolean Algebra with the help of truth table.(A + B)(A + C) =A+ BC
11. Solve the following Binary numbers:
(a) 111011 + 101011 (b) 110110 + 1110000
(c) 11011-10011 (d) 110111 X 11
12. What is the difference between Hardware and Software?
13. What are wildcard characters? Write the uses of them.
14. Write short notes on any two of the following:
(c) My Computer
(d) My Documents
(e) Windows Explorers
NOTE: Attempt 2 questions from this Section.
15.(a) Draw Generation Table of Computer.
(b) Draw the block diagram of CPU and describe its different components.
16.(a) What is a Number system? Describe different types of number systems.
(b) Define the term BUS. Write its types in detail.
17.(a) What is the difference between DOS and Window Operating System?
(b) What is a Printer? Describe Impact & Non-Impact Printer.