1) A port which transmits only 1 bit of information at time is called;
(2) The Physical components of a computer system are termed as;
(3) Pre-programmed memory is:
(4) Plotters can be generally divided into:
(5) A bus is a set of:
(6) Slide Rule was invented by:
(7) LCD stands for:
(8) Non-volatile memory is:
(9) An eight-bit sequence is called a:
(10) The data which consist of whole numbers is known as:
(11) A 2-variable K-Map has:
(12) The Boolean expression ABC is a:
(13) The command that deletes directories & their content is
(14) The bar displayed at the top of window is known as;
(15) The device that enables a computer to make a dial-up networking is ;
2.(i) What are the characteristics of the 4th generation computers?
(ii) What is the difference between SRAM & RAM?
(iii) What are the advantages of Internet?
(iv) Define a Microcomputer and a Minicomputer.
(v) Describe general and special purposes of software.
(vi) Why do we need to translate a source code into the machine code?
(vii) Solve the following numbers:
(a) (754)8 = (?)10
(b) (487)10 = (?)8
viii) Solve the following binary numbers:
(a) (101101)2 + (1101011)2
(b) (110101)2 (101011)2
(c) (1011)2 X (101)2
(d) (1001)2 (11)2
(ix) Prove the following equation & also draw the truth table:
(X + Y) (X + Z) = X + YZ
(x) Draw Kfil!laugh Map for the following expression:
a) ABC + ABC + ABC + ABC + ABC (b) AB + AB + AB
(xi) Define an Operating System.
(xii) Describe the properties of Windows Operating System.
(xiii) What do you know about Windows Explorer?
NOTE: Attempt any Two questions from this Section.
A:t questions carry equal marks.
3.(a) Define ·CPU with-a diagram & describe all its major parts.
.(b) Describe a keyboard and give its divisions.
4.(a) What is meant by Data? Define different types of data.
(b) Write notes on Floppy disk, Hard disk & Magnetic tape.
5.(a) Define the following terms of Boolean Algebra:
(iii) Logical operator
(v) Truth table
(vi) Boolean expression
(b) What is a Monitor? Define various types of a monitor in detail.