(ii) He discovered oxygen:
(ii) It is used in shoe polish to provide shine to the shoes:
(iii) The general formula of Alkane is:
(iv) The formula of the Iron rust is:
(v) In peroxides, the valency of oxygen is:
(vi) China clay is used in making of:
(vii) A suspension of carbon particles in the air is called:
(viii) The father of modern Chemistry is:
(ix) Symbols of the elements were suggested by:
(x) The sum of the mole fractions of solute and solvent is:
(xi) Which of the following elements forms basic oxide:
(xii) The formation of water from Hydrogen (H2) and Oxygen (02) is the example of:
(xiii) The freezing point of heavy water is:
(xiv) It is a good conductor of electricity:
(xv) The most abundant and useful halogen is:
(xvi) This gas is used for respiration:
(xvii) Red ink is normally prepared from:
2. Write any three postulates of Dalton’s Atomic Theory.
3. Balance the following chemical equations.
(i) NH3 + O2 –> NO + H2O
(ii) Zn + HCI –>ZnCl2 + H,
(iii) LCIO3 –> KCI + O2
4. Define: (i) Empirical Formula (ii) Molar Mass (iii) Avogadro·s Number
5. Write down three characteristics of Cathode rays.
6. State the following laws:
(i) Dobereiner’s law of Triad (ii) Newland’s law of Octave (iii) Modern Periodic law
7. Write three differences between ionic compounds and covalent compounds.
8. Define: (i) Fusion (ii) Evaporation (iii) Sublimation
9. Define solubility and describe effects of temperature and pressure on solubility.
10. Define: (i) Chemical Bond (ii) Metallic Bond (iii) Hydrogen Bond
11. Define: (i) Diffusion (ii) Brownian Movement (iii) Boiling Point
12. State the Lewis concept about acids and bases and explain it with an example.
13. Write three differences between Solution & Suspension.
14. Define: (i) Enthalpy of reaction (ii) Heat of Neutralization (iii) Endothermic reaction
15. What is Allotropy? Name two crystalline allotropes and two amorphous allotropes of carbon.
16. Write Industrial preparation of Ammonia by Haber Bosch process with the balanced chemical equation.17. What is Aqua regia? How does it dissolve gold? Explain.
17. What is Aqua regia? How does it dissolve gold? Explain.
18. Write three characteristics of Halogens.
19. What is an Alloy? Write names of two alloys of copper with their composition.
20. Define: (i) Homologous series (ii) Cracking (iii) Isomerism
21 . What is meant by saponification? Write the names of four kinds of soap.
22. What is plastic? Write two types of plastic.
23.(a) Describe the industrial manufacture of Sulphuric Acid by Contact Process with the balanced chemical equation.(Diagram not required)
(b) Write four differences between Covalent Bond and Coordinate Covalent Bond.
(c) Describe the extraction or Sulphur by Frasch process.
24.(a) Describe the manufacture of Sodium Carbonate by Ammonia Solvay process with chemical equations.
(b) Define Isotopes and write names and structures of three isotopes of Hydrogen.
(c) What are elements of group 1-A of Periodic Table called? Write three general properties of these elements.
25.(a) Explain the process of extraction of Iron from its Hematite ore in the Blast Furnace with chemical equations.
(b) Write four differences between solution and suspension.
(c) Calculate the amount of Silver (Ag) deposited at Cathode, when 10 Ampere of electr ic c urrent is passed for 1 hour through the solution of AgNO,. (Z of Ag =0.001118 g/C.