(1) The branch of Chemistry which deals with the emission of radiation from nuclei is called:
(2) Molecular mass expressed in grams is called:
(3) Which one of the following elements has its electronic configuration K2L8M2?
(4) It has the highest value of electronegativity:
(5) This bond is also called electrovalent bond:
(6) The state of matter, having definite shape and volume is known as:
(7) If 0.4 is the mole fraction of solute, the mole fraction of solvent would be:
(8) Which one of the following is an electrolyte?
(9) The pH value of distilled water is:
(10) It is an exothermic reaction:
(11) It is called Ordinary Hydrogen:
(12) Kaolin (China Clay) is used to make:
(1 3) The air we breathe in usually contains the highest proportion of:
(14) Chemically strong acid is:
(15) THe alloy of copper (Cu) and Zinc (Zn) is:
(16) This gas is also called “Marsh gas”.
(17) The chemical process for the preparation soap is called:
(2) Write three sentences about the importance of chemistry.
(3) How many electrons, Protons, and Neutrons are present in the following icons
(i) O -2 (ii) M +2 (iii) Cl -1
(4) Calculate the number of atoms, present in one gram of oxygen.
(5) Balance the following chemical equations
(6) Write the names of functional groups and formulae of the following:
(i) Ethyl Alcohol (ii) Acetic Acid (iii) Propyl iodide
(7) Define double salt and write the formula of:
(i) Potash Alum (ii) Carnallite
(8) Define: (i) a.m.u. (ii) mole (iii) mass number
(9) Write 3 salient features of Mendeleev s periodic table.
(10) Calculate the molarity of the solution containing 9.8 g H2S04 per 500 ml solution.
(11) Write any three characteristics of Transition elements.
(12) Define: (i) Boiling Point (ii) Freezing Point (iii) Diffusion
(13) Define: (i) Electro Chemistry Equivalent (ii) Electrolysis
(14) Write three differences between diamond and graphite.
(15) What is the chemical formula, of Bleaching Powder? Write its Laboratory Preparation.
(16) Define: (i) Standard Solution (ii)Acidity of base (iii) Basicity of acid
(17) Define refining of petroleum and write two fractions of it.
(18) Write chemical formulae of (i) Caustic Soda (ii) Soda ash (iii) Baking soda
(19) Define Exothermic and Endothermic reaction with one representative chemical equation of each.
(20) Define: (1) Functional Group (ii) Homologous series (iii) Isomerism
(21) Define water of crystallization; Write names and chemical formulae of two hydrated salts.
(22) Write only chemical equations of the reaction of hydrochloric acid with the following:
(i) Sodium Hydroxide (ii) Sodium bicarbonate (iii) Manganese dioxide
23.(a) Describe Frasch Process to extract Sulphur from underground deposits with the help of a labeled diagram.
(b) Write two physical and two chemical differences between metals and Non-Metals.
(c) Express step-wise chlorination of Methane giving four chemical equations.
24.(a) Describe with balanced chemical equations, the Solvay process for the Industrial preparation of Anhydrous Sodium Carbonate.
(b) A current of 5 amperes was passed through a solution of AgN03 for 5 minutes. Calculate the mass of Silver (Ag) deposited on the cathode. [Electrochemical Equivalent of Ag = 0.00118 g/c.]
(c) · Write four uses of Hydrogen peroxide (H20 2)
25.(a)’ What are Oxides? Describe four types of normal oxides on the basis of chemical properties with examples.
(b) Define steel and name three methods of conversion of pig iron into steel.
(c) Define: (i) Metalloid (ii) Electronegativity (iii) Chemical bond (iv) Atomic radius