(i) The sum of the mole fractions of solute and solvent is equal to:
(ii) The process in which a solid directly changes into vapors is known as :
(iii) Which one of the following is not an isotope of Hydrogen?
(iv) The medal is given to the third position holder any event is made up of:
(v) In the Periodic Table, the elements have been arranged in the order of increasing:
(vi) Who discovered oxygen?
(vii) Which particle is the lightest in the following?
(viii) Which one of the following is a liquid metal?
(ix) What is the pH of a neutral solution?
(x) How many coulombs are there in one faraday?
(xi) The number of moles of solute dissolved in one liter of solution is known as
(xii) A formula that indicates the actual number and type of atoms in a molecule is called:
(xiii) Which one of the following gases is used for resp1rat!on?
(xiv) Which of the following is a polar molecule?
(xv) Which of the following elements is a good conductor of heat and electricity?
(xvi) Which of the following substances is called proton donor?
(xvii) The chemical formula of Sulphuric Acid is:
2. Define Chemistry and write the names of any four branches of chemistry.
3. Balance the following chemical equations:
(i) H2 + C’2 –> HCI
(ii) H202 –> H20 + 02
(iii) Zn + HCI –> ZnCh + H2
4. Calculate the number of Neutrons in the following isotopes. (i) 1! C (ii) 1! C (iii) 1: C
5. Write three postulates of Dalton’s Atomic Theory.
6. Calculate the molar mass of H2S04. (At. Masses: H = 1, S = 32, 0 = 16)
7. Write three differences between Solution & Suspension.
8. Write three differences between Diamond and Graphite.
Define Addition Reaction and give its one example.
9. What is Aqua Regia? How does it dissolve gold?
Define Exothermic Reactions and give its one example.
10. State the following laws:
(i) Dobereiner’s Law of Triads. (ii) Newlands; Law of Octaves (iii) Modern Periodic Law.
(ii) Newlands; Law of Octaves (iii) Modern Periodic Law.
(iii) Modern Periodic Law.
11. Calculate the pH of 0.001 M HCI Solution.
12. Define the following:
(i) Homologous Series
(ii) Functional Group
(iii) Aromatic Compounds
Define: (i) Mole (ii) Avogadro’s Number (iii) Empirical Formula
13. ·Calculate the molarity of a solution that contains 2 moles of NaCl dissolved in 0.5 line of the solution.
14. What is Plastics? Write the names of its two groups.
What are Double Salts? Write the names and chemical formulae of any two double salts.
15 Write three differences between Metals and Non-Metals.
16. What is Scientific Method? Define Hypothesis & Theory.
17. State and explain Faraday’s First Law of Electrolysis.
18. Which elements possess seven electrons in their valence shell? Name the element that has the highest electronegativity and gives its value.
19. Write 3 differences between ionic bond & covalent bond.
20. What are Oxides? Write the names o its four kinds.
Write 3 postulates of Kinetic Molecular Theory of Matter.
21. Define:(i) Electronegat1v1ty (ii) Atomic Radius (iii) lonizati0 Energy
22. What is soap? Write the names of four kinds of soap.
Write three general characteristics of alkali metals.
23.(a) Explain, giving balanced chemical equations, the Ammonia Solvay Process for the manufacture of Sodium Carbonate. (05)
(b) State the Law of Multiple Proportions and explain it With the help of an example. (04+04)
(c) What is Co-ordinate Covalent Bond? How 1s Co-ordinate covalent Bond formed between NH3 and H+ ion? Explain
24.(a) With the help of a labeled diagram, explain how Sulphur is extracted by Frasch Process. (05)
With the help of a labeled diagram, explain the construction and working of a Dry Battery Cell.
(b) How is Ammonia manufactured by Haber-Bosch Process? Explain. (04)
Calculate the amount of Silver deposited on cathode when a 10-ampere electric current is passed through a solution of Ag N03 for 3600 seconds. (Electrochemical equivalent of Silver= 0.001118 g/C.
(c) What is Hard Water? How is hard water softened by using Zeolite (Permutit) process? Explain. (04)
What are Transition Elements? Write their three general properties.
25.(a) Describe Rutherford’s experiment which led him to the discovery of the nucleus of an atom. (05)
(b) Define the following: (i) Enthalpy (ii) Metalloids (iii) Heat of Neutralization (iv) Diffusion (04)
(c) State Lewis Theory of Acids and Bases and explain it with the help of an example. (04)