Burn Hall traces its history back to 1943 when missionaries from St. Joseph’s Society Mill Hill, London, established the Burn Hall School in Srinagar. It was named after an English Manor House, which had a hall with a stream (Burn) running through it, hence, the name ‘Burn Hall’. In 1943, the missionaries established Burn Hall School in a rented home in Srinagar, with the motto “Industria Floremus – In Toil We Flourish”. In 1948, Father Tijssen set up Burn Hall School in a small hotel building, the Abbot Hotel. Father Scanlon: the first Principal of the school along with Borekamp and Mallet was appointed in staff.
Company/Title: Army Burnhall College For Boys
Publish In: Aaj Newspaper Pakistan
Published Date: 8-April-2018 Sunday