(i) Amoeba moves with the help of:
(ii) Cigarette-smoke contains—————
(iii) D.N.A is formed in ———.
(iv) Who discovered cell, the basic unit of the living organism:
(v) Crocodile belongs to Class:
(vi) The study of microscopic organisms is called ——.
(vii) The basic unit of classification is ———–.
(viii) ———- is an egg laying mammal.
(ix) The seed is a ———–.
(x) The intelligent guess of a scientist in the form of statement is called:
(xi) The fourth whorl of a flower is ———–.
(xii) Which of the following is a gill-breathing animal?
(xiii) Tuberculosis is caused by:
(xiv) Scurvy is caused by the deficiency of Vitamin __________
(xv) Horsetails are the common name of———-:
2. Define the following branches of Biology:
(a) Paleontology (b) Embryology (c) Genetics
3. Write down any three characteristics of Phylum Echinodermata.
4. Write down any three types of animal tissues.
Give any three differences between sexual and asexual reproduction.
5. Define Portal system. Name two types of Portal sys em found in the Frog.
6. Define cold blooded and warm blooded animals. Give one example of each.
Name the units of Classification.
7. Write down the names of three subgroups of mammals with one example of each.
a. Name three Muslim biologists and write one contribution of each in the field of Biology.
9. Draw a neat and labeled diagram of Excretory and Reproductive System of the Male frog.
Write three health problems related to nutrition in man.
10 . Define any Two of the following:
(a) Mitosis (b) Digestion (c) Appendicitis (d) Species
11. Write three differences between Arteries and Veins.
Write three functions of Skeleton in man.
12. Draw a neat and labeled diagram of Funaria plant OR Chlamydomonas.
13. Define photosynthesis. Write its chemical equation.
14. Give any three differences between Angiosperm & Gymnosperm Plants.
Define Osmosis and Transpiration in plants.
15. Write down three differences between photosynthesis and respiration.
16. Describe three types of Plastids.
17. Write three Points of the importance of Bacteria.
18. Define Parasites, Saprophytes & Insectivorous plants.
19. Describe any two of the following:
(a) Bryophytes (b) Eukaryotic Cell (c) Stomata (d) Phototropism
20. Define simple tissue and complex tissue in plants.
Write two examples of each. 21. Define Hypogeal germination and Epigeal germination.
Write two functions each of Root and leaf in plants.
22. Draw neat & labeled diagram of arterial system of frog
Draw a neat & labeled diagram of L.S. of human kidney
23. Describe Lamarck’s Theory of Evolution with two examples.
Write different types of teeth in man and describe their functions.
24. Describe Fauna of Pakistan.
Define Endocrine glands. Name three endocrine glands. Also, write one hormone secreted by each.
25. Draw a neat and labeled diagram of the T.S. of the root of Brassica.
Write five points of importance of transpiration in plants Describe two factors which affect transpiration.
26. Define Tactic and Nastic movements in plants and describe two types of each movement.
Write down any seven points of importance of Vascular plants.
27. Describe an experiment to prove that Carbon dioxide is necessary for Photosynthesis. Draw a labeled diagram also.